Tuesday, November 20, 2007

She's Crafty, Pt. II


Dude! I made a hat! Like a real, no shit hat. With stitch decreases and circular needles and shit. For real. It was so ridiculously easy that I can't believe I've spent the 15-ish years I've known how to knit making nothing but scarves. Well, I can believe it, because I know that I can stare at a set of directions for 15 years thinking "This is bullshit. This makes no sense. I'm going to go eat some cake batter instead," then look again one day and magically, the clouds part and it all becomes clear. So yeah. A hat. Pictured to the left with our confused rhododendrons that have decided that late November is the perfect time to bloom. I tried to get a picture of our dog with the hat on, but I just ended up embarrassing us both. He still won't look me in the eye.

Stay tuned for building updates!