Thursday, December 13, 2007

Flood Day!

I went in to work at 10 this morning, swerving around the spots where Scott's Run had crept into the road and slowly wading through the many areas of standing water. When I finally got to the school, I was told that they were sending the kids home due to the fast-rising creek next door. What can I say except for AWESOME. Two snow days last week and a flood day this week. Of course, I don't get paid for those days, but I'm at peace with that.

So I spent the rest of the day cutting up old pants for a Gee's-Bend-style quilt, making origami boxes out of children's book illustrations, and folding laundry. I do love the home life.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hooray for no work and being at home. That sounds like the perfect day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.