Monday, January 19, 2009

Building (or lack thereof) Update


So, not much building happened out at PineTop in 2008, between several untimely passings and just general upheaval in the PineTop family.

But! 2009 is officially going to be awesome. No, really, I am willing it to be so. In a few weeks, we'll put in an order for lumber for the joists and siding girts, as well as sheet goods for flooring. It's happening! We may have even found a buyer for the poor old coal camp house!

Building our own house is terrifying, but also quite confidence-building. I would recommend pole building to anyone new to construction. It's all fairly simple and intuitive.

But don't worry, cob isn't totally out of the picture. There is a distinct possibility of a cob addition in our future! And yes, I will be calling on you (yes, you!) to lend your dirty little feet to the cob stomping!

And yeah, that's an old picture, sorry if I posted it before.

3 comments:

Rurality said...

I wish we had a structure like that here!

Juli said...

whatever you build or do, I can't wait to see it :)

Stacy said...

Hope 2009 has been willed to be great and all construction is progressing.