Sunday, April 15, 2007

Success!

The lasagna came out great! Yay! Here's the (pretty damn casual) recipe:

-1 bag of frozen, chopped bell peppers and onions (I would use 2 onions and 2 fresh bell peppers if fresh bell peppers weren't so fucking expensive)
-1 medium zucchini cut into little half moons
-a squirt of olive oil
-a box of whole wheat lasagna noodles
-2 jars of pasta sauce
-a block of extra firm tofu, crumbled into bits
-Italian seasoning
-garlic powder

I seasoned the veggies with a few shakes of Italian seasoning and garlic powder, as well as some salt and black pepper, then roasted them with a squirt of oil at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. The crumbled tofu I seasoned with salt and more garlic powder.

When the veggies were cooked by not too slimy, I poured a little sauce in a 9x13 inch glass dish, then started layering noodles, then sauce, the veggies, then noodles, tofu, more sauce, noddles, the rest of the veggies, the rest of the noodles, then the rest of the sauce. Got that? Oh, and I didn't bother cooking the noodles beforehand. That's always such a pain in the ass. Instead I covered the dish with foil and baked for about 45 minutes, also at 350 degrees, till the noodles were soft. Awesome! Take that, Cadbury!

2 comments:

dale ball said...

hey...can't wait to make this ! Do you squeeze the tofu out at all ? just crumble it up ? I'm going to make this for a crowd out in Arizona :>

Elizabeth said...

I squeezed (or squoze) it a little. Not much though, cause I didn't want to waste paper towels.