Friday, June 1, 2007

Hello, My name is Elizabeth and I Go to Bed at 8

Sorry for the temporary abandonment of the blog. Between wedding plans, crazy end-of-the-school-year kids, and the brutal heat that has settled over West Virginia like a broody hen, I've been tending to go straight to bed when I get home from work. Lame, I know.

The wedding is next Saturday and I'm feeling oddly calm. Stressed as hell about the relatives coming, but calm about the actual nuptials. The thought of spending the rest of my days with Fuzzy makes me breathe a little deeper, a little slower.



In non-wedding related news, the garden is planted, the strawberries are in full production, and the peonies and rhododendrons are both in riotous bloom. Fuzzy and I found wild azaleas on PineTop last week, looking much like their domestic cousins, and several wild blueberry bushes that took several rounds of googling to identify.

Life has been harried and good in the last few weeks. At least once a day, in the middle of applying spackle to our pock-marked walls or pulling up invasive roses with the truck, Fuzzy will turn to me, smile, and say "We're getting married!"

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahhh yes, embracing the facts is the second step of the process to growing up. I was in denial that I was no longer a teenager but firmly entrenched in my mid-twenties. "I only go to bed at 10 because I can" or "I could go out and drink all night if I really wanted to" has been replaced with the acceptance that I go to bed at 10 because I am ridiculous tired and that really, I don't wish to go out drinking all night with strangers and acquaintances. I am excited for you on the upcoming wedding!! The joy of being married is that your best friend is always with you :)

Elizabeth said...

Yep, I guess I'm officially an adult. It's a little sad, but I wouldn't go back to being 19 for all the money in the world.
This time, seven days from now, I'll be getting married!