Monday, June 11, 2007

Hitched!

Fuzzy and I are officially hitched! We had a very simple ceremony on top of a rock at a local state forest followed by a cook-out in a CCC-constructed pavilion with family and friends. I really don't think it could have gone any better. Set up was a bit of a bitch, but my fabulous mother handled a lot of the details for us, setting up the tables with little centerpieces of miniature twig birds nests filled with roasted marshmallow flavored jelly beans (they look very egg-like!) and flower arrangements of peonies from our yard and larkspur and coreopsis from a friend's farm.


Afterwards, Fuzzy and I headed out to PineTop for a low-key celebration with our friends, complete with waaaaay too much beer (mmmm, Bodington's) and left over cook-out food. The stars were amazing and several of our friends commented that they hadn't seen such a vibrant night sky since their childhood. I really couldn't have hoped for a more perfect day or night. And now I get to spend the rest of my life with the greatest guy ever. Doesn't get much better than that.



Oh, and please disregard how fat I am in the pictures. Clearly the vegan diet went out the window several weeks ago and was replaced by the insane stress eating diet.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS LIZ!!!! I am so glad you posted a few pictures, it brought tears to my eyes (seriously). What a beautiful day, I am happy it went well. Best wishes for love, luck, and happiness to you and Fuzzy.
Mel :)