Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Breaking Ground


On Saturday, Fuzzy and I (again, mostly Fuzzy) broke ground on the pavilion/cabin! The plan is to construct the pavilion with 6x6's, then enclose it after our big August party. Fuzzy used the most-fabulous power auger to dig the holes. I feel butch just typing that.

We set the corner posts, bitching at each other the entire time about keeping things square and level. I wish I could be more laid back about the whole thing, but come on! This is our future house! So yeah, I was kind of a bitch and Fuzzy was kind of a dick, but we're over it and can now see the footprint of our future house! Where we are going to live! Yay!

So here's the east-side posts, where eventually the bathroom and bedroom will go, and in the nearer future, where a few of our drunken friends will probably pass out.


Also, there was much cuteness this weekend. PineTop appears to be plagued with baby animals, specifically little spotty fawns and hoards of turkey babies. I think Fuzzy wanted to punch me after the third time I squealed "Ohmygod, tinybabyturkies!"

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Hey Elizabeth! Thanks for the visit!

Those baby turkey are really cute. We've got our fair share of them here too.

The board and batten of my house is rough milled pine from a local sawmill. If you look around your area you can find these small sawmills. Some of them are portable and will even come out to your site if you have trees you are taking down. There is also a stain/protectant that they use in place of the more expensive stuff using transmission fluid or something. I can't remember exactly what that formula was, but it is a good bit cheaper than using the stuff you get at Lowes.