Friday, July 13, 2007

Last Weekend

Yep, I'm posting about last weekend on Friday. We've already covered how much I suck, right?

So last weekend was awesome. I spent Saturday painting the outhouse while Fuzzy cut brush. I rather like the color scheme we came up with. Initially, I wanted to paint the whole thing barn red, but Fuzzy thought dark green would blend in a little better. I usually don't give a damn about blending in, but I suppose a marginally legal shithole should perhaps be a little camouflaged. The red trim was my way of saying "But I don't have to like it!"

I think it turned out for the best, though:


That night, after the painting and the cutting, Fuzzy and I went to an honest-to-god drive-in theater. There were kids playing in the field chasing lightening bugs and people grilling next to their trucks; it was like a big casual party. We even saw some friends from town. I heart you, Grafton Drive-In.



And how fucking awesome is it that there is a Mail Pouch barn across from the drive-in? I swear to god, sometimes living in West Virginia is like going back in time. Ok, I'm off to PineTop, more updates on Sunday when we get back!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Absolutely Fabulous!
What movie did you see?

Elizabeth said...

Transformers! You can stay to watch both movies for no extra cost, but remember, I'm an old woman, so we left after the first.